OCT Clinical Trials is one of the leading CROs in Russia, with operations in Central and Eastern Europe and the CIS region. With a team of over 200 professionals, the company provides a full range of high-quality clinical research services. We are looking for a Legal adviser.
Main activities may include but are not limited to:
- Drafting of legal documents (in English, Russian, bilingual), including but not limited to different types of Agreements, Termination Agreements, Letters of Engagement, Memorandums of Understanding, Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements, different types of Consents, Powers of Attorney etc.;
- Updating (if and when necessary) of templates for legal documents (in English, Russian, bilingual);
- Drafting of employment contracts, including contracts outside of the Russian Federation, if necessary, and harmonization of such documents with the Heads of relevant local offices or Heads of Departments;
- Drafting and preparation of Statutory documents, implementation of changes into Statutory documents, etc together with the Chief Legal Officer
- Preparation of proposals on introduction of changes into effectual internal acts and organizational and administrative documents concerning operating and financial activity and cancellation of the void acts and documents in cooperation with the departments and functionaries;
- Participation in development and delivery of activities aimed at strengthening of contractual, financial and labor discipline.
- Reviewing of legal documents provided by Clients or Vendors (in English, Russian, bilingual);
- Communication with clients/vendors to ensure that the contracts do not expire using other company departments’ specialists as liaisons if required. Negotiation of contract terms with Clients or Vendors (in English, Russian);
- Legal assistance to different departments (Accountancy, Financial, Business Development, Quality Assurance, Clinical Operations Department, IT, etc.) in preparation and execution of the documents related to legal documents;
- Supporting of different departments with regard to interpretation of legal documents;
- Resolution of financial issues, including taxation, if required in cooperation with the Finance Department and Accounting.
- Provision of legal assistance during KYC procedures and bank account opening;
- Provision of legal assistance during questioning, audits and qualification visits;
- Searching for information on different legal issues at the request of different departments;
- Searching for properly qualified advisors and working with them on matters that require involvement of such advisors;
- Registration and storage of legal documents;
- Drawing up claims when necessary;
- Drawting up substantiated responses to incoming claims, when necessary .
- Law degree;
- 4+ years of PQE;
- Profound knowledge of Rusian Civil, Corporate, Labour, Tax, Pharmaceutical, Customs Law, and relevant experience in these areas;
- Economic driven mind set;
- Excellent Russian and English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel;
- Good command of electronic informational and law systems;
- Excellent negotiating skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills (being able to perform under strict timelines and pressure);
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external), convincing negotiations and argumentation skills; cultural awareness;
- Excellent decision making skills;
- Ability to work independently.
- Challenging job in a highly qualified team;
- Employee-friendly work environment;
- Competitive salary.