OCT Clinical Trials is a leading CRO in Russia, with operations in Central and Eastern Europe and the CIS region. With a team of over 150 professionals, the company provides a full range of high-quality clinical research services. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team.
The Business Development Manager at OCT develops sales strategy in line with the company’s overall vision and communicates the company’s strengths and values to ensure the flow of incoming requests for services from potential clients.
This is an excellent position for professionals in clinical research, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and B2B sales with proven track record, and who are interested in joining an industry leader with a solid reputation and progressive outlook.
Main activities include but are not limited to:
- Replying to RFP (request for proposal) from clients;
- Collecting all necessary information from other departments to answer clients’ requests for information (for example, feasibility analysis) and creating proposals as requested by clients;
- Estimating costs for the project and negotiating them with clients;
- Following up with contacts interested in collaboration and potential clients until the financial agreement is signed and project is handed over to Clinical Department;
- Communicating with potential and current clients on financial contract issues;
- Replying to clients’ claims/ requests pertinent to the change of the project scope;
- Performing all applicable activities aimed at bringing new contracts to the company, including periodic mailings to potential clients;
- Attending internal meetings pertinent to all business development activities;
- Tracking clients’ contacts and status of business requests;
- Participating in bid defense where it is needed;
- Protection of the organization's value by keeping information confidential;
- Enhancement of the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Identifying trends and potential leads by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments;
- Developing strategy for representing the company at professional events.
- Representing the company at professional business events.
- University degree;
- At least 3 years previous experience in clinical research/pharmaceutical industries or B2B sales. Candidates will be considered based on the combination of education, experience and skills;
- Excellent English and Russian, both spoken and written.
- Personal characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills;
- Results-oriented, ability to perform well under strict timelines and manage different tasks and priorities, proactivity;
- Presentation skills;
- Ability to adhere to corporate strategy.
- Full-time employment (5 days a week from 09-30 to 18-00);
- Employee-friendly work environment in city centre;
- Competitive salary is based upon results of the interview.