We are looking for a Business Development Consultant to join our team in China. Business Development Consultant will help OCT develop the company’s business development strategy in the region, building long-term relationships with partners and clients and communicating the company’s strengths and values to ensure the flow of requests for services from the clients.
- Business expansion by building and managing relationships with clients and Sponsors.
- Demonstration of creativity in terms of marketing and sales activities to build up the OCT Clinical name in China.
- Search for new business opportunities and assistance in promoting the company's services in the region.
- Developing an active network of potential clients and maintaining relationships with the key decision makers.
- Collaborating with HBD in the development of strategy for representing the company at professional events.
- Representing the company at professional business events.
- Representing the company in personal meetings with potential clients.
- Maintaining the inflow of incoming RFPs (requests for proposal).
- Negotiating proposals and study costs with clients.
- Replying to RFPs from clients.
- Collecting all necessary information from other departments to answer clients’ requests (for example, feasibility analysis).
- Preparation, organization and participation in bid defense meetings, when needed.
- Following up with contacts interested in collaboration and potential clients until the financial agreement is signed and project is handed over to Clinical Department.
- Performing all applicable activities aimed at bringing new contracts to the company, including periodic mailings to potential clients.
- Attending internal meetings pertinent to all business development activities.
- Developing corporate presentation materials.
- Obtaining clients’ feedback on company’s services.
- Collecting information on competitive companies.
- Conducting other activities as requested by the Head of Business Development department.
- University Degree (preferably in life sciences or medicine)
- At least 3 years of experience in business development.
- Clinical research experience in ClinOps Department in a CRO or pharmaceutical companies will be a plus.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of clinical trials across all relevant departments.
- Proven business development and sales skills
- Proven interpersonal communication skills
- Positive drive and motivation
- Proven business acumen
- Self-discipline and ability to work both alone and within a team environment
- Excellent English, Chinese/Mandarin, both spoken and written
- Excellent MS Office skills
- A challenging job in a highly qualified, enthusiastic and solidary team;
- An employee-friendly work environment;
- A competitive salary;
- Professional growth in the clinical research field.
This is an excellent position for Business Development professionals currently employed in a clinical research organization or a pharmaceutical/biotech company; an opportunity to grow within a globally expanding company, currently an industry leader with solid reputation and progressive outlook.
If you want a career that makes a difference, then you are the person we’ve been looking for and OCT Clinical is the place for you!